While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy Name: those that Thou gavest Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the Scripture might be fulfilled. ~ John 17:12 [King James Version]
When I was with them, I guarded them by the power of Your Name, which You have given to Me; yes, I kept watch over them; and not one of them was destroyed [except the one meant for destruction, so that the Tanakh might be fulfilled] (Jewish Complete Bible).
Who or what is this ” son of perdition“?
- Perdition is translated as ‘destruction’ , ruin , a state of character and destiny, implied for all those who oppose nor choose Elohim Almighty God!
- The son refers to the Hebrew concept of ben, son of beliya’al, son of hasatan, son of Satan.
- “perdition” only appears in KJV [King James Version]! *****
- Hebrew concept is “abbadan” , to perish or wander off, be lost, as seen in lost sheep of Israel, Jeremiah 50:6,
“My shepherds made them go astray, turning them loose in the mountains. As they wandered from mountain to hill, they lost track of where their home is.” ~ Yirmeyahu – Jeremiah 50:6 [Jewish Complete Bible]
- Hell, or the realm of the dead, is “naked before him and destruction hath no covering” nor atonement per Job 26:6!
- Beliyia’al : without profit, worthlessness, destruction, wickedness [ also evil, naughty, ungodly,wicked ], from beliy: nothing or destruction;
- Ezekiel 31:15-18 speaks about the ‘torrents of beliyia’al‘ or the snares of death, cords of Sheol [hell]:
“I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to Sh’ol with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water , shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.” ~ Ezekiel 31:16
2 Thessalonians 2:3 speaks of ” a man of lawlessness”, God’s apocalyptic enemy:
“Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition“. [KJV]
- The Hebraic concept of this son is a lost soul, destroyed, fearless of Yehovah Elohim God!
- We are not to be deceived by anyone!
…That ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God! ~ Philippians 1:27b, 28 [KJV]
- The lost will be cast into lake of fire along with beast and false prophet:
Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world…11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven , and goeth into perdition.” [KJV]
But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. ~1 Timothy 6:9
- Our enemies are destroyed by the Author of Life:
Nevertheless, Yehovah your Elohim will give them over to you, sending one disaster after another upon them until they have been destroyed. He will hand their kings over to you, and you will wipe out their name from under heaven; none of them will be able to stand against you…”! ~ continue reading, Deuteronomy 7:23-24 [JCB]
- We also can be destroyed by the Author of Life:
“I AM going to stretch out my hand over you and deliver you as plunder to the nations; I will cut you off from being a people and cause you to cease from being a nation; I will destroy you. Then you will know that I AM Yehovah!” ~ Yechezk’el- Ezekiel 25:7 [JCB]
- “perdition” [RSV] is the Greek, apoleia: ruin, damnation, damnable, from ‘apollumi’, unending, eternal damnation
2 Peter 3:7 ” But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgement and perdition of ungodly men.”[KJV]
- 1 Peter speaks about our inheritance only in Yeshua is IMPERISHABLE:
Praised be God, Father of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, who, in keeping with his great mercy, has cause us, through the resurrection of Yeshua the Messiah from the dead, to be born again to a living hope, to an inheritance that can not decay, spoil or fade, kept safe for you in heaven. ~ 1 Peter–Kefa 1:3,4 [JCB]
- We will be raised incorruptible, 1Cor.15:42-44 :
So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
- ” I believe Judas perished in his flesh, hung himself, an anti-God choice; he as many who will not choose Messiah, will damn themselves, rather than allowing God to judge them” -quote from the web
- Scriptures fulfilled as mentioned in John 17:12 are: Psalms 22, 45, 69 and Zechariah 11:12, 13.
- look at the other translations like JCB, Jewish Complete Bible!
- a son of perdition ~ ben who separates himself from Torah!
- From I Saw the Light Ministries: ” The “son of perdition” ~ the Anti-Messiah, oppose all, be a god, sits in the Temple, proclaiming himself god! Some say Basher of Syria? from Alawi sect of Islam, they already worship him! they do “kiss” Jesus, perform communion, abominations….
“Bashar Assad can be a son of perdition, an antichrist. England and America may eventually be invaded. Take all of this into major Fasting and Prayer. Ask GOD what HE wants you to do. WHERE does GOD want you to be ? What preparations does HE want you to make?”
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. ~ Hebrews 10:39 [KJV]
- In Daniel 7 & 11, one who will magnify self above all, refers to the anti-messiah! “Finally when he pitches the tents of his palace between the seas and the mountain of the holy Glory, he will come to his end, with no one to help him [Daniel 11:45, JCB]
- Our hope is this:
Many of those sleeping in the dust of the earth will awaken, some to everlasting life and some to everlasting shame and abhorrence. But those who can discern will shine like the brightness of heaven’s dome, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever [Daniel 12:2,3 JCB]
- 1) http://www.ISawTheLightMinistries.com A Endtime Ministry preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of GOD to all nations before the Coming of Jesus the Christ. Commandment Keeping, Holy Spirit Filled.
- 2) The Son of Perdition , a novel by Wendy Alec
O the ongoing mercies of Yehovah, for surely none of us is righteous. But if we only believe in His Son, the Messiah Yeshua, we become sons of the Living God, and receive life eternal with Him.
Repent and receive the joy of salvation!
Look upon Him lifted up on the stake for you, and receive your healing.
Yeshua nailed the Serpent to that stake, ending the curse of death & sickness, granting us eternal life if we would only believe in Him who the Father sent.
Yehovah is our provision, our healing, our banner, our peace, our righteousness, our shepherd; He is there with you always!
**originally published on Facebook under title, Son of Perdition. Edited version.