“But (Sha’ul or Paul, his gentile name) said, I am not meshugas (crazy)…but speak out the words of emet/ truth & common sense…for I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from you; for the thing was not done in a corner.” (Acts 26: 25-26)
Corners can be signifigant in YHWH‘s Word. YHWH speaks in His Word about many different corners and also corners that are not really corners ! His work of salvation of Yeshua was a mystery, hidden but not in a corner. It was revealed in a place, Israel, and spread to the four “corners” of the earth.
- One biblical corner is revealed on His talit, or prayer shawl.
“But to you that fear My Name (YHWH) shall the Sun of Tzedakah/ Righteousness arise with healing in His 4- cornered tzitzit ; and you shall go forth, & grow up as calves of the stall. ” (Malachi/ Malaki 4: 2)
Tzitzit is the fringe of the edges of the talit. The corners are as wings of a bird or flaps of a garment, from the Hebrew, kanaph: to project laterally.
- Steps to healing: Kaphaph [kaw-phaph], bow down, revere & truly worship YHWH.
- Confess in your heart & believe in Yeshua as your cover or kaphar. As “the Son” rises up in your life, He blesses you with healing, wholesomeness, & completeness. You see, Yeshua wore the talit with tzitzit as part of His torah-observant piety.
- As we enter His tabernacle, tent or talit of meeting, worship YHWH, we receive the promises which include healing, joy, peace, & love of YHWH. We receive His Holy Spirit, the Ruach Ha’Kodesh!
- As we repent, & shuv or turn from our ways, Yeshua’s sacrifice appeases YHWH, makes atonement for our sins, cleanses us, forgives us, pardons us, covers us, reconciling us to YHWH. Healing can be automatic or take years! YHWH is Sovereign. Ultimately, He wants us to be clean vessels for His use.( see note on “Pots for Service”).
- A corner can mean “to the uttermost part” of the land, object, or earth! A corner is 3-dimensional not flat, with height, depth & length. A corner is bent, an angle, sharp or dull. The boards or support of the Tabernacle had bending, turning corners, called mekutsah, as in Exodus 26:23, 24. The altar corners were pinnah, chieftain, pinnacle & tower or bulwark corners, seen by all in the court.
- Blood of the sin offering was dripped on the horns at these 4 corners of the altar while blood was also poured on the sides & at the bottom, completely covering the altar of sacrifice: a foreshadow of the complete blood atonement for our sins by Messiah. ( See note on “Washing of Regeneration) [Also Exodus 27:2, 38:2]
- There is no height, width, or length which can separate us from the love of Yeshua. No “corner” can keep us from the love, neither trouble, hardship, persecution, hunger, poverty, danger, war [Romans 8:35].
- The corners of the shulhan or gold-covered table in the Tabernacle were pe-ah, the mouth, direction, region or extremity: certainly more morphemic, as if describing body parts. So, it is not surprising that the “Bread of Presence” or Lechem Ha Panayim was placed on this shulhan!
- Also, the Menorah , the 7-branch lamp beaten out of one piece of solid gold, was placed across the Holy Place from the shulhan. The bread & lamp are symbolic of Messiah, who became our Light & body broken for us.
- The tabernacle formed a cross shape, with the altar, the sea basin at the southern bar; the Menorah, the table, and the altar of incense forming the cross bar; and the Holy of Holies with the ark, forming the northern bar, +!
- When Ba‘alam and Barak looked down upon Israelite camp in Numbers 24, they saw the cross formation of the 12 tribes placed by 3’s around the “corners” of the tabernacle, forming the +.
- The gold-covered ark held the Testimony, the tablets, the manna, & the blooming rod of Aaron & had a lid of kepporah [covering] on the Mercy Seat, with hovering cherubim overhead.
- The ark’s corner is pa-am, an anvil which is an iron or steel block used to hammer softened metals into a desired shape! Also, pa-am is a foot-step:
- We are molded as our hearts soften into YHWH’s image through the witness of the Holy Spirit in our lives. As we eat the body of Messiah, His Word, we see miracles. The closer we step toward YHWH, the closer He comes to us & fills us with His presence. YHWH has become man & through Yeshua, man becomes like Him!
- Pa-am is also a stroke, of music or rythmn, a tapbeat! Song in worship is the very essence of praise of YHWH, coming from the heart of man.
“So this is what the Sovereign Master YHWH says, See, I lay a stone in Tzion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic. I will make justice the measuring line & righteousness the plumb line…”. (Isaiah 28: 16-17a)
- Yeshua is the Chief Corner Stone, our foundation & our emunah or faith. If we rely on Him, & follow His Way, we will not panic at the signs of the second coming, but rejoice awaiting His Justice & Righteousness.
- This ‘corner’ is chief, from pinnah , of the sacrificial altar (above), to stay or be our tower also, as in “YHWH is my tower & I run to Him”!
“Yeshua said to them, Did you never read in the Scripture, The Stone that the builders rejected, the same has become the Head of the corner: this is the Master YHWH’s doing & it is marvelous in our eyes?” (Matthew 21:42; see also Mark 12:10, Luke 20:17)
“And whoever shall fall on this Stone shall be broken (in spirit, as I, to receive Him as the Messiah!): but on whomever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder & they will be broken apart.” (Mat.21:44)
“Be it known…by the Name of Yeshua Ha’ Moshiach of Natzeret…even by Him does this man (Peter or Kepha, which means a piece of rock or the Rock!) stand here before you healthy (in spirit, body & mind through Messiah).
This is the Stone that was rejected by you builders, that has become the Rosh Pina (the Head Cornerstone).
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other Name under the shamayim given among men, whereby we must be saved.” ( Acts 4:10-12)
“Therefore also it is contained in the Scripture, Behold, I lay in Tzion a chief Corner Stone, elect, precious : & he that believes on Him shall not be put to shame.”
“To you therefore who believe He is precious: but to those who are disobedient, the Stone that the builders disallowed, the same is made the Rosh Pina, & a Stone of stumbling, & a Rock of offense, even to them who stumble at the word, being disobedient…” . ( 1Peter/ Kepha 2:6-8)
“Beit Yisrael (one “new” House of Yisrael~congregation of believers) is built upon the foundation of the apostles(sent ones or messengers) & prophets (neviim), Yeshua Ha Moshiach Himself being the Rosh Pina.” (Ephesians 2:20)
All true congregations are built on the foundation of the head cornerstone, Messiah with the writings of the TaNaK , known as the 1st covenant [ never “old”; Tanakh =Torah,Nevim, Ketuvim]. The writings [Ketuvim] of the prophets [Nevim] are rewritten in the Brit Chadasha, the Renewed Covenant, known as the “New Testament”, of the apostles/disciples of the renewed covenant [Ezekiel 36:26]!
YHWH has not spoken to us in secret: He, the Son, & the Ruach Ha Kadosh have spoken to us from the very beginning (Isaiah 48:16) YHWH gave us things with corners, like the altar, the Tabernacle, the shulhan, to help us come to Him. Then YHWH sent His Son , the chief Corner Stone. Many of us have stumbled & been broken over the Stone.
“For this thing was not done in a corner. Melech Agrippa, do you believe the neviim? I know that you believe. Then Agrippa said to Shaul, You almost are persuading me to be a Notsri…And Shaul said, I would to Eloah…”.
[I myself tripped over that stone, fell flat on my face, saw the shed blood of Yeshua and His forgiveness for my sins, and surrendered my heart to Him. These years of submission have been the best of my life. I can not even fathom a life without believing in Yeshua as the Messiah for the Jew and the gentile.]