The Myrrh, Miryam, & Yeshua Connection: :” And coming into the house, they
[magi; although could be scribes or rabbis] saw the Child with
1) Myrrh is ‘mor‘, a bitter distilling , from ‘marar‘, [Hebrew] to be bitter.
2) ‘Miryam’ [ Mary ] means “rebelliously”, from ‘Meriy‘, bitterness, also from ‘marar‘!
3) Myrrh is a prickly shrub or thornbush which
5) Myrrh is mentioned 2 x 7=14 x’s in Scriptures [#7 = perfection].
6) Myrrh is fragrant oil of 4 in the Anointing Oil of the priest & given to the king.
7) Yeshua’s body, cut by thorns, was bound in fine white linen with myrrh & aloes, both bitter [John 19:39].
8) Yeshua came as Servant, as in Isaiah 40-54; is our Heavenly High Priest [as in Hebrews]; will return as King!
- 2x7x mentioned in the Scriptures:
- pure myrrh [about 12 pounds] 500 shekels in the anointing oil, Ex.30:23;
- 6 months with oil of myrrh to prepare Esther [2:12];
- all His garments smell of [fragrant but bitter] myrrh, Ps. 45:8;
- perfumed bed with myrrh, aloes & cinnamon, Prov.7:17;
- Song of Songs,x7 verses:1:13, 3:6, 4:6,14, 5:1,5,13;
- Matthew 2:11, Mark 15:23, John 19:39!