“And the earth was corrupt before Elohim, Almighty God, and the earth was filled with violence… for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth…” [Genesis 6:11-12]
- Corrupt [shaw-kath in Hebrew] : to decay, cause ruin, cast off, perish, spoil or waste .
“Therefore, diligently guard yourselves…lest you should do corruptly & shall make for yourselves a carved image…[Deuteronomy 4:15, 16, 25]”.
Moses said to Levites, elders & officers of the 12 tribes : “For I know that after my death you shall do very corruptly & turn aside from the Way which I have commanded you…[31:29]”.
The fool who says in his heart, ” There is no Yahweh”, has done corruptly an abominable deed! [Psalm 14:1]
Job 13:28 “So man wastes away like something rotten, like a garment eaten by moths.”
Yahweh says in Jeremiah 8:12, ” Were they ashamed when they had done abomination? No!…nor did they know how to blush. So they shall fall among those who fall. They shall stumble in the time of their visitation, ” said Yahweh”.
Abomination done? “The time of their visitation” ? Waste away as clothes eaten by moths?
- Abominations: do not obey or incline the ear to Yahweh; walk in the counsels, in the stubbornness of their evil heart & go backward & not forward [Jeremiah 7:24]!
- Abominations :adultery, gossip, falsehoods, deception!
“Their tongue is a slaying arrow. It speaks deceit-speaks peaceably to his neighbor with his mouth, but in his heart he makes his ambush [9:8]”.
- The time of their visitation: As Moshe [Moses]says in Numbers 16: 29, all men are visited as all men are reckoned with or charged or appointed by Yahweh! Peq-u-dah means in the Hebrew, an official account, charge, custody, office, order, reckoning or visitation! It comes from paw-qad, to visit, with either friendly or hostile intent; appoint, avenge, bestow, commit, deliver to keep, be empty, enjoin, go see, hurt, do judgment…and punish.
- Visitation of Yahweh can either preserve our spirit [Job 10:12], or cause us to perish [Jeremiah 8:12, 10:15, 51:18]. The days of punishment did come already for Israel, as in Hosea 9:1- 7, and would come for Judah!
And as He [Yeshua Jesus] came near, He saw the city & wept over it, saying, ” If you only knew…because the days shall come upon you when your enemies shall build a rampart around you & surround you & press you on all sides, and dash you to the ground & your children with you…you did not know the time of your visitation [Luke 19:41-44].”
This prophecy of Yeshua was fulfilled in 70 AD in Jerusalem and soon after at Masada: all there committed suicide rather than be taken by the Romans, who set up ramparts around them!
“Listen to Me, you who know righteousness…in whose heart is My Torah: do not fear…nor be afraid…
For a moth eats them like a garment, and a worm eats them like wool; but My righteousness is forever, and My deliverance to all generations [Isaiah 51:7-8]”.
The Servant [Messiah] said , in Isaiah 50:9, ” See, the Master Yahweh helps Me. Who would declare Me wicked?
See, all of them wear out like a garment, a moth eats them.”
- Moths waste, spoil, & ruin clothes by eating holes in them. A wool coat or jacket will eventually show holes if not kept in a cedar closet with cedar oil ”moth balls”!
- Moth is #6211 SC: awsh, from aw-shesh, to be consumed, to shrink or fail! The moth consumes as a larvae worm and adult and is itself consumed and dies , too! We have all seen the moth attracted to the light, in the darkness, only to get burned!
- Yeshua said not only man but his possessions waste away like something rotten, like a garment eaten by moths. So store up treasures in heaven , not to be eaten by moths!
Matthew 6:19-20 : “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in the heavens, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.”
- This moth is to lay waste, oppress, crush in judgement, “…because he walked after the command when it pleased him [Hosea 5: 11]”.
“So I AM to Ephrayim like a moth, and to the house of Yahudah like rottenness [v. 12]”.
” How silently the moth makes its way into the best wardrobe, and what dreadful destruction it makes of the wool clothing! Its deadly work is always on the best garments.
It is even so with sin. To so many people Adam’s sin was so small that it did not amount to anything, and yet see how it has affected the whole human race. It has made the earth to heave and groan. It has robbed heaven of millions and has also built our great state prisons, which are in a sense our hells on earth.
For our state prisons are places of banishment and punishment, and sin has filled them with precious human souls, and has kindled its fires of sin and vice and degradation, and has finally populated hell with precious souls, where “the smoke of their torment ascends upward for ever and ever.”
The enemy has tried to make you believe, no doubt, that the thing you have committed is so small
it doesn’t amount to anything, or will never harm you; but just stop and think a moment of that one
sin of Adam. Think of the wrecked homes, broken hearts, ruined lives, blighted prospects; think of
the wails, moans, and groans of the offspring of Adam; and all of this misery and wretchedness was
brought about by only one sin. “
“How much more those that dwell in houses of clay , whose foundation is in the dust, who are crushed before the moth?” [ Job 4:19]
Yahweh is our Maker, the Righteous one. If we as mortal man, put our trust in Him, we build on the Rock, a solid foundation! He shall charge His heavenly malachim or angels over us to protect us, morning to evening. We shall not perish unlike the moth attracted to the light! We become His Beloved and live, with wisdom , knowledge, and understanding of the Eternal Holy One!
“When You [Yahweh] correct man for iniquity with rebukes, You make his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah. [Psalms 39:11]”.
Our hope [tikvah] is in Yahweh who through Yeshua Jesus Messiah will deliver us from all our transgressions, and hears our prayers!
“O spare me so that I may recover strength, before I go away, and am no more! [v.13]
See, behold, Yahweh Elohim, has made a Way to raise from decay and the pit of destruction [shaw-kath] through Yeshua Jesus Christ!
“For the creation was subjected to futility…because of Him who subjected it, in anticipation, that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage to corruption INTO the esteemed freedom of the children of Elohim GOD [Romans 8: 20-21]”!
“…So also is the resurrection of the dead: it is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption…sown in disrespect;, it is raised in esteem; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body; there is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. [ 1 Corinthians 15:41-43]
“And this I say, brothers, that flesh and blood is unable to inherit the reign of Elohim, neither does corruption inherit incorruption.[v.50]”
See, I speak a secret to you: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the …dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.[51-52]
“O Death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your overcoming [v.55]?”
But thanks to Yahweh who gives us the overcoming through our Master Yeshua ha Mashiach. [v.57]
“Do not be led astray: Elohim is not mocked….he who sows to his own flesh shall reap corruption...he who sows to the Spirit shall reap everlasting life…[Galatians 6:8]”!
As Peter, servant of Yeshua said, we have been given exceedingly great & precious promises! So, through Yahweh’s Mighty power, we escape from the corruption in the earth, caused by lust! [2 Peter 1:4] Let us not again get entangled in the defilement of the world, but be over comers through Yeshua Jesus Christ our Savior. [2:20] Ahmein!
“Your riches have rotted, and your garments have become moth-eaten. [James 5:2]!”
“Your gold & silver have become rusty…a witness against you…shall eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days [v.3]!”
“You have lived on the earth in pleasure & luxury, you have fattened your hearts, as in a day of slaughter [v.5].”
“Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Master has drawn near [v. 8b]!”