Procrastinating ? Distracted ? Confused? Perplexed? Agitated?
We want to receive the blessings of Yahweh Almighty GOD. We desire to enter higher dimensions with Him.* How do we do it? Lately we have been so easily distracted, overwhelmed with so much to do, think, and task in our everyday lives. And to top that, some have been deluged literally with floods, tornados, and famine.
Distraction *can a ploy or test of the cunning enemy . The enemy works as the ”angel of light” to deceive us internally and externally.
Therefore it is no great thing if satan’s servants also become transformed into the sevants ofrighteousness; whose end shall be according to their deeds. [v. 15]
Should we list the innumerable distractions available today? The list would be a mile long. And what about those things we put off doing, because we are so distracted?
You [Elohim, Almighty GOD] will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is FIXED on You: because he trusts in You. [Isaiah 26:3]
As we keep our minds on Him, there is power magnified in the children of GOD! * As we focus on Him and His Word and His Way, we actually exalt Him rather than the enemy. As we magnify His Name, we bring sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving! The portals of Heaven are opened, and the Father standing , releases the blessings, sending the angels of mercy, finances, health, joy, and peace to us ! O let us exalt His Name together!
I will bless Yahweh at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My being shall make its boast in Yahweh: the humble shall hear of it, & are in joy!
O magnify Yahweh with me & let us exalt His Name together! [ Psalm 34: 1-3]
In Luke 4 we read how Jesus the Son of Man, full of the Ruach Hakodesh [Holy Spirit] was lead by the Ruach, into the desert for 40 days, to be tempted by satan. Jesus ate nothing but the Word and when tempted, spoke the Word. * Jesus turned to the Divine direction of Yahweh! Jesus, weak, dehydrated walked only in the Excellence of Yah! The enemy, from the very pit of Hell, ended all of the trial, and Jesus, ”in the power of the Ruach” returned to Galilee. We must do the same: be led by His Spirit, feed in His Word, speak only His Word, and walk in the Spirit. Let the Ruach breathe on you, in the Name of Jesus!
“Therefore let him that thinks he stands take careful watch [in prayer ], lest he fall.
There has no trial come upon you but such as is common to all men: but Yahweh, who will not allow you to be tempted above that which you are able to bear; but will with the trial also make a way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.” [1 Corinthians 10:12-13]
The path of the righteous one is as the shining light while the path of the wicked is darkness!* [Proverbs 4:18] Incline your ear to the Word, do not let them depart; guard them in your heart, ”…for they are life to those that find them and health to all their flesh .” [v.21-22] Ah, the secret to health and life, is in the Word of Yahweh! Speak the Word to one another! It is Life!
As we should spend less time on distractions and more time in His Word, we are led to health and life! ” Turn not to the right hand not to the left: remove your foot from evil.” [v.27] As we pay more attention to the Word, we will know the Glory of Tzion! Victory has already been won over the enemy; he has lost, so claim the victory and take authority in Jesus!
What is distraction?
- Distractions turn us away and our mind or attention from the things of the LORD.
- Distract means to cause the mind or attention to be turned away, diverted in different or conflicting directions at once!
- These distractions can unsettle or confuse us!
- These distractions can disturb or agitate the mind
- The word ‘distract’ comes from the Latin, ‘distractus’, to pull apart or perplex!
- Distractions do divert and amuse the mind, bringing only selfish momentary relief
- Distraction is emotional agitation or disturbance!
What is procrastination?
- Procrastination* is to put off doing something until a future time, especially to do this habitually: to postpone or defer, delay, or going back to ….
- Confusion sets in: forward to tomorrow , when tomorrow is not promised!
- Pro: forward + cras: tomorrow when we only have today! Now is the time of salvation!
What is our solution?
- Know that distraction is caused by ”something other ” found attractive or valuable. It identifies an inability to attain the ”valuable”.*
- Know that distraction leads to a procrastinating spirit which divides attention, and is not perfect!*
- This leads to hopelessness and rebellion as ” can not reach GOD” !
- This attraction is on the inside and is not of Him, for He is perfect!*
- Even if we ”use” the Word, it may be at the wrong time, not Him! nor of Him! and we lose position in GOD.*
- We must gain knowledge of SPIRITUAL matters and put GOD on the inside.*
- We must pray and ask GOD forgiveness, believe in His Son, and ask GOD to reveal His Divine purposes in us.
- We must spend more time with Him, in His Word and thoughts.
- Avoid foolish chats! Avoid games and TV! Don’t argue!*
- One can only reach GOD with their heart, deep within as ”deep calls to deep”.
The steps of a good man are ordered by Yahweh: and He delights in his way!
Though he falls, he shall not be utterly cast down: for Yahweh upholds him with HIS HAND . [ Psalm 37:23-24]
- Steps is the Hebrew “mits-awd”, which can also mean ”companionship”! from ”tsaw-ad”, to step or pace regularly, to mount, march, or march through!
May Yahweh order or erect or set-up, confirm, fasten, appoint, render sure, stablish or ordain our steps in Him! As we step with Him, we walk with Him as the 2 on the road to Emma-us! [Luke 24: 13- 36] Jesus comes in and sups with us and blesses & breaks the bread, sharing with us His body broken for us. Our eyes and heart open and we know Him, & He then is our Companion on the Way! May we no longer be distracted nor procrastinate , for He is coming soon…the time is short…may we not waste!
*my humble notes from 5/21/11 Threshing Floor Partner page radio teaching by Dr. Juanita Bynum